Become an Institute Member!
- narrowing its intellectual horizons?
- adopting ever more extreme halakhic positions?
- encouraging undue conformity in dress, behavior and thought?
- fostering an authoritarian system that restricts creative and independent thinking?
- growing more insulated from non-Orthodox Jews and from society in general?
Do you think that Orthodox Jewish life should be
- intellectually alive, creative, inclusive?
- open to responsible discussion and diverse opinions?
- active in the general Jewish community, and in society as a whole?
- engaged in serious and sophisticated Jewish education for children and adults?
- committed to addressing the halakhic and philosophic problems of our times, drawing on the wisdom and experience of diverse Jewish communities throughout history?
If you agree that Orthodoxy can and should create a better intellectual and spiritual climate, please join THE INSTITUTE FOR JEWISH IDEAS AND IDEALS. The Institute works for an intellectually vibrant, compassionate and inclusive Orthodoxy.
Together we can reclaim the grand religious worldview of Torah Judaism at its best.
By becoming a supporting member of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals, you become a partner in its work and help it achieve its goals. Members will receive discounts on items sold through the Institute's Online Store. Members will receive Conversations, the Institute's print journal. In addition, members will receive various articles, updates and special offers from the Institute.
Membership levels and annual dues
The following are our membership levels and their annual dues.
- $100 General Membership
- $500 Supporting Membership
- $1000 Contributing Membership
- $5000 Sustaining Membership
- $10,000 Hazak Membership
- $18,000 Hai Membership
- $25,000 Patron Membership
- $18 Student Membership
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions page for more detail on our membership policies.