The Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals℠ offers a vision of Orthodox Judaism that is intellectually sound, spiritually compelling, and emotionally satisfying. Based on an unwavering commitment to the Torah tradition and to the Jewish people, it fosters an appreciation of legitimate diversity within Orthodoxy.
The RCA backs down again
Rabbi Shmuel Herzfeld is the rabbi of Ohev Sholom: The National Synagogue in Washington. This article was originally published by the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, March 6, 2014
The man who makes "Conversations" possible
When our Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals was established in October 2007, we knew we wanted to publish a journal--but did not know how we could make this happen.
But then we met Mr. S. Daniel Abraham.
Mr. Abraham immediately understood the need for an Orthodox journal that was high quality, open to new and diverse ideas, and challenging to readers. He promptly "invested" in our Institute, and became the founding "angel" of our journal, "Conversations."
The first issue of "Conversations" appeared in spring 2008. Thanks to Mr. Abraham, we were able to publish and circulate thousands of copies to readers throughout the world. The reception was so positive that we expanded the format of "Conversations" so as to include more articles and generate more reaction.
Book Reception in Celebration of Two Recent Books
an eye-opening discussion of Megillat Esther
Dealing with violence and abuse
Posted 3 weeks ago
Posted 4 weeks ago
Posted 7 weeks ago
Posted 7 weeks ago
Posted 9 weeks ago
Become a member
Please become a contributing member of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals
By joining the Institute you...
- become a partner in working for an intellectually vibrant, compassionate and inclusive Orthodox Judaism
- receive a 20% discount on all items purchased through our online store
- may participate in the members-only forum, discussing topics of interest to you and other members
- will receive updates and articles available only to members
- will receive notice of special offers that will be available only to members
- will take satisfaction in doing something constructive to stem the tide of religious extremism, fanaticism and obscurantism within Orthodox Jewish life