The Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals℠ offers a vision of Orthodox Judaism that is intellectually sound, spiritually compelling, and emotionally satisfying. Based on an unwavering commitment to the Torah tradition and to the Jewish people, it fosters an appreciation of legitimate diversity within Orthodoxy.
An autobiography by a Jew who should never have been
Rabbi Nathan Lopes Cardozo heads the David Cardozo Academy in Jerusalem. A prolific author and lecturer, he is one of the most thoughtful and creative thinkers in the contemporary Jewish world. To receive his weekly “Thoughts to Ponder”, please visit www.cardozoacademy.org. This article appears in Issue 16 of Conversations, the journal of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals.
Dr. Howard Wettstein is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Riverside. His most recent book is The Significance of Religious Experience, Oxford University Press, 2012. This article appears in issue 16 of Conversations, the journal of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals.
Supporting a sensible resolution of a painful problem
An important new book on an important issue
Thoughts for Israel's Independence Day
Posted 5 weeks ago
Posted 6 weeks ago
Posted 7 weeks ago
Posted 10 weeks ago
Posted 11 weeks ago
Become a member
Please become a contributing member of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals
By joining the Institute you...
- become a partner in working for an intellectually vibrant, compassionate and inclusive Orthodox Judaism
- receive a 20% discount on all items purchased through our online store
- may participate in the members-only forum, discussing topics of interest to you and other members
- will receive updates and articles available only to members
- will receive notice of special offers that will be available only to members
- will take satisfaction in doing something constructive to stem the tide of religious extremism, fanaticism and obscurantism within Orthodox Jewish life